The Manila Doctors College of Nursing (MDCON) has unceasingly promoted the value and importance of research in nursing through its annual Research Congress (MDCONRC). It has served as a venue for hundreds of nursing students from different nursing schools nationwide to showcase their research acumen among their peers through various research studies.
Last year, the MDCONRC went beyond borders as it hosted over 500 student and professional nurses from more than 40 colleges of nursing and 18 medical institutions nationwide, featured keynote and plenary speakers from the US and the UK, and recognized best papers refereed by local and international nursing experts. In its 10th year, the research congress continues to promote excellence in nursing research by showcasing student and professional nursing research studies from different academic and healthcare institutions nationwide so as to express how the science and practice of nursing have evolved through innovative evidence-based discourse in research. This grand academic gathering aim to further inspire nursing students and professionals to be involved in nursing research as research knowledge helps them become excellent nurses.
The 10th Manila Doctors College of Nursing Research Congress aims to:
- Provide a venue for student and professional nurses to exhibit their research acumen among their peers through various research studies;
- Showcase researches in the field of nursing practice, education, administration, and community health that utilized innovative strategies in support of evidence-based practices;
- Enhance competencies in the conduct of research in pursuit of nursing care excellence towards improved healthcare outcomes, client satisfaction, quality measurement, and administrative management; and,
- Develop camaraderie and collaboration among students and professional nurses through a spirited and scholastic environment.
CALL FOR PAPERS
The 10TH MDCONRC will showcase research posters and oral presentations and recognize the best
research papers refereed by local and international nursing research experts.
- Participants may submit research papers for poster and oral presentation via electronic mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no limit for the submission of entries per school.
- Papers shall be categorized based on the following nursing fields:
o Nursing Practice,
o Nursing Education,
o Nursing Administration, and
o Community Health
- A 400 WORD ABSTRACT is required to be submitted with the following information and headings:
c. School Affiliation
d. Introduction | Objective and Purpose of the Study
e. Methods | Design, Sampling Technique, Statistical Treatment, Ethical Considerations, and
Data Gathering Overview
f. Results and Findings
g. Conclusions | Includes summary of recommendations.
- The deadline for the submission of research abstracts is on DECEMBER 31, 2016.
- Poster Presentation and Research Paper FINALISTS for oral presentation will be notified on or before JANUARY 09, 2017.
- The BEST RESEARCH POSTERS and BEST RESEARCH PAPERS shall be recognized during the awarding ceremony of the congress.
DATE, TIME, AND VENUE
- 18 January 2017; 7AM – 5PM
- GT Foundation Auditorium, Doña Tytana Tower, Manila Tytana Colleges,
Metropolitan Park, Pres. Diosdado Macapagal Blvd., Pasay City
For more inquiries, please contact:
PROF. ROBERT MATTHEW A. MARQUEZ, MAN, RN
Chair, Communications Committee, 10th MDCON Research Congress
859-0812or 75 | 0917-5279469
|Students||Php 400.00||Php 500.00|
|Professionals||Php 500.00||Php 600.00|
For EARLY-BIRD REGISTRATION, payments may be deposited to the following Metrobank
Account in any Metrobank Branch:
- Account Name: Manila Tytana Colleges, Inc.
- Metrobank Branch: Metropolitan Park, Pasay City
- Account No.: 715-3-71513337-8
- The name/s and school affiliation must be included in the email.
Early-bird participants must register online by visiting the congress’s official website:
- Website: www.mtc.edu.ph/10thmdconrc
Featured image from https://www.facebook.com/mdconrc/